NANJING, July 7 (Xinhua) -- Chinese stratigrapher Shen Shuzhong has been given the International Commission on Stratigraphy (ICS) Medal during the just-concluded 3rd International Congress on Stratigraphy held in Italy.
Shen, an academician with the Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology under Chinese Academy of Sciences, and professor of the School of Earth Sciences and Engineering, Nanjing University, is the first Asian scientist to receive the award, according to the university.
The ICS Medal is awarded to honor high-quality research in stratigraphy by recognizing a single major in advancing stratigraphical knowledge. The award has been given every four years since 2004.
Shen made academic achievements on Permian stratigraphy and the end-Permian mass extinction. He has also contributed to defining two golden spikes, or Global Standard Stratotype Section and Point (GSSP) in China.
Shen's academic results have been published on scientific journals including Science, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), and Earth and Planetary Science Letters (EPSL).
- 庆祝祖国70华诞 青年逐梦再出发 20... [访问：2066]
- 信息系统助力2018年度教学科研系列... [访问：1628]
- 校党委常委会传达上级部门会议精神 [访问：1514]
- 海内外学者南大共话中国佛学翻译出... [访问：868]
- Chemical Society Reviews杂志发... [访问：571]
- 青年科研骨干的“第三学期” [访问：489]
- 《小欢喜》“乔英子”原型为南京大... [访问：189]
- 江苏节能环保产业创新发展高峰论坛... [访问：170]
- 中外40所高校学子 来宁学习“新型网... [访问：155]
- 习近平：牢记初心使命，推进自我革... [访问：118]